09-02-2013, 10:56 AM   #31
bimmer
BMW FOREVER
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW 335is

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomegun View Post
How can it be a total disaster with a nice interior? Will the hyperbole ever end? I would buy another brand before I buy a 5 series GT. you know how much time I have spent talking negatively about that car? I spent exactly the amount of time it took me to type this as an example.

BTW, I think the X5 looks about as good as any other SUV. I am not a SUV person - I think the RRS and Q5 are the best looking SUVs (to include my wife's X3).

You are right, I am focused on the exterior ugliness so much that I expressed myself in wrong fashion. It can't be total disaster with such a beautiful interior. My apologies However, I need a truck so I had so much expectation riding on this car based on previous x5s. Unfortunately the new x5's exterior is total let down for me. I will not buy a car that I can't look at even if it is perfect inside. Besides preliminary reviews indicated that it drives more like Merc than BMW.
I just don't know what is going on with Germans SUV's these days. ML and X5 are ugly, Q7 looks like cemetery vehicle and Cayenne got the front that only mother can love.

Thinking of F80
Appreciate 0