View Single Post
      10-24-2013, 01:23 AM   #18
newbimmerx5
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zipforia View Post
My first BMW as well. My Brother-in-law has(d) few and driven them quite a bit. I've had the Cayenne and currently drive an Audi. My in-laws and cousins have MB. I've yet to see a German automaker that doesn't nickel and dime you.

My rationale is that people with money buy luxury cars. Because they do, the luxury automaker nickel and dimes you, while baiting you with a (relative) low price. Is this right? That's another discussion and point of view. The way I look at it, if I wanted an all inclusive car, I'll buy a Hyundai or a Kia.

Z.
There is a market and other luxury car manufacturers follow certain trends.
Its like you paid $500 per night at a luxury hotel and still have to pay premium for using Gym, Pool, Room Service etc. it doesn't work like that because you expect certain things as included based on the star rating. The expectation is set by market and not you. Market as in other similar luxury hotels.
You can still say-- go to other car makers. Of course , we can. The point here is not about alternative but fairness to the premium paid.

My partially loaded F15 is $17K higher than fully loaded MDX. So, we have already paid 17K premium because its BMW and still not a fully loaded at least interms of comfort. I am not hoping or expecting certain mechanical upgrades of BMW to be standard.
Appreciate 0