11-09-2013, 05:34 PM   #1
spmd11
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X3MC

For those considering F15, e70 3 year report

Hey guys,

Today, I cleaned up the 2011 e70 5.0. As this month marks the end of our 3rd year of ownership, I thought I'd give you all a report on our ownership experience to help some of you in your purchase decision on an F15.

I've owned more BMW's than I care to admit over the last two decades. Our current garage contains, in addition to the X5, a 2013 e93 M3, a 2008 e90 M3 and a 2011 335i Sport. This X5 has been the best and my personal most favorite BMW of all time. Our model is completely loaded with every possible option except the Adaptive drive. To sum things up, our car has 68,000 miles in 36 months and it is showing almost no wear. What has been most surprising to me in the wear department is that the comfort seats in Dakota leather look like they have never been sat in. The leather is incredibly tough. In contrast, the Novillo leather in our 1 year old 2013 M3 with only 13k miles already does show some signs of wear.

The X5 is a vehicle that does everything.

36 Month report
Reliable: 68000 miles, one repair (mass air flow sensor)
X-drive is invincible in rain, ice and snow
Handling: Even without Adaptive drive, on center feel and handling prowess amazing for such a big car
Power: The TT V8 with the 8 speed auto is absolutely awesome. I thought that I might be a bit frustrated with mpg, but the engine is so fantastic, I just don't care. Avg mpg over 36 months 17ish
Headlights: The xenon on this vehicle has more coverage than any of our sedan and coupe xenon. Not sure why
Comfort seats: The comfort seat is a must have BMW option if available

Dislikes:
Tail pipes: Only complaint I have is the chrome on the tail pipes is really thin and low quality. I could not keep it clean with polish without taking the chrome finish off the aluminum! So I have let them get dirty. In contrast, no such problem with the M3 pipes. Much better quality.

We like the car so much, I have no intention of ever selling it in the next five years
Attached Images

Last edited by spmd11; 11-09-2013 at 05:43 PM..
Appreciate 0