Updated with new spy photos 1/7/14.
The X5 eDrive plug-in hybrid model has now been spotted undergoing testing. These may only be a couple of photos, but we already know what the F15 X5 looks like. We expect the X5 eDrive to launch sometime around late 2014 - early 2015 as the X5 xDrive40e.
As for specs? The X5 eDrive Concept model
was unveiled at the Frankfurt auto show last September and featured:
• Four cylinder turbocharged engine (approximately 171 horsepower)
• Paired with electric motor (provides 95 horsepower)
• Up to 70 MPH (120km/h) on electric power alone
• Maximum range of 19 miles (30km) on electric power alone
• 0-62 MPH (100 km/h) in under 7 seconds
• Average fuel consumption in the EU test cycle of 3.8 litres per 100 kilometres (74.3 mpg imp).
• Can be charged from any domestic power socket
• High-voltage battery is mounted in crash-safe position underneath the load area, whose capacity remains virtually unchanged as a result.
• Three driving modes: Intelligent Hybrid Drive; Pure Electric or Save Battery mode.