View Single Post
      11-14-2013, 11:07 AM   #10
domessex
Rep
Drives: 1m coupe

Hi guys,

To be honest it did take a while to shift my wife's 4.8 x5. I had it on autotrader online for 6 weeks. Had it up for £14,000 (70,000 miles). The car had absolutely every extra except 3rd row seats and pano roof. Was in good condition as well. I had to keep reducing the price to the point where it was the cheapest one for sale on autotrader and much better equipped. Last week all of a sudden had 3 calls from private buyers (only had a few traders sniffing around prior to this). Managed to sell it to the first person who viewed the car on saturday for the full £14,000 (plus it had 7 months tax left on the vehicle, circa £300).

In my view he has got an awful lot of car for £14,000 as the list price was around £65,000!

I was happy as the part ex was only going to be £12,000. My dealer was relaxed about including it in the deal to the point where if I couldn't sell it privately he would have taken as part ex. I just had to let him know by Monday next week what was happening so its work out well for me.

I think now that winter is settling in if you price the car sensibly you will get interest from private buyers.

Regarding journalist reviews on the ride quality of the x5 I'd suggest people buy Decembers edition of whatcar. They do a full road test comparison against the RRS, ML and Cayenne. They just give it to the RRS with the X5 a very close 2nd. However if you add up all the stars for the different categories the X5 actually scores more than the RRS so in my mind that makes it the winner
Appreciate 0