Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midwest X6
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisny View Post
This isn't mine (google image), but this is what they're useful for.. Far from useless if you have any of these, even with bigger ones:

I guess if you new mommies and daddies find value in it great. But I'll bet you wouldn't pay extra for it if they itemized it out for you and gave you a choice?

IMO soft close doors are THE ICON for useless complexity being added to cars these days
Wrong, I would pay for it every time. It's sort of funny actually, the opposite, for me, of what you're saying. I had no intention of getting it, but decided we needed the comfort access and we were already paying for leather so it wasn't that big of a deal to get the premium package. I debated a little and was convinced by other members it would be very valuable with kids. So I originally was annoyed as you are (though far less passionately ), but now that I have them, I would get them again regardless of whether they're in a package or a stand alone option. So being forced to consider them because of the premium package actually benefited me in this case.

Overall though, I agree that the soft close doors, as well as comfort access, should both be stand alone options on every BMW.

But still, have to question your fury of hatred lol. They may not be the most essential option in the world, but they are very useful just the same and this is a luxury brand not an econo box. By definition, many of the features are unnecessary.. I suppose you could argue all if it is 'useless complexity,' if you just don't agree with modern luxuries, but then why are you buying a BMW not an econoline van with roll-up windows?

Either way, they are pretty straight forward and change nothing for people that still want to slam the doors .

Last edited by chrisny; 05-20-2014 at 08:31 AM..
Appreciate 0