View Single Post
      07-20-2014, 07:22 PM   #13
Overtaxed
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: RR Diesel, F450

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisny View Post
I plan on getting the invisihitch. Bolts on in place of the existing rear bumper and is completely hidden when you're not using it. There's another thread on here and one on bimmerfest if you google invisihitch F15 or something similar.

I believe it's around $595 or so then you just need to buy the bike rack from Thule or Yakima or BMW, wherever.. (keep in mind, BMW doesn't make these things themselves, so don't feel you 'need OEM to be safe' or anything like that….).
I have the Invishitch, it's a good option for carrying bikes. Was about 700 bucks for the parts and install. It's totally invisible when the receiver is not installed.

The BMW hitch was about 1200 bucks from the dealer (parts and install), so the Invishitch was a lot less expensive. I think it also has a higher tow rating, although, for bikes, that doesn't matter at all. I will say, however, that the hitch is ROCK SOLID with the bike rack back there. I was a bit concerned that the removable receiver would introduce play; it doesn't, I think it's more solid that the hitch I used to have on the ML350 which had a permanently mounted receiver.
Appreciate 0