View Single Post
      07-31-2014, 09:20 AM   #37
Armen383
First Lieutenant
Cyprus
Rep
Drives: Mercedes-Benz E63S

Installation of AC Schnitzer tune is complete. Instead of 3.5 hours it took the dealership guy 2 days and they charged me for 6 labor-hours (that included oil+filter change though), so the total cost of installation was 500+ EUR. The biggest problem was properly laying out the wiring loom.

First impressions - WOW. Even in comfort 0-100 gives you a completely different feel (to stress - you get the feeling, not X seconds less in 0-100 time) - much better throttle response, and you don't even have to floor the pedal to get it. 100 to 200 is a completely different story as well. The truck goes as if there's no stopping it and at some point (about 200 km/h) you start thinking: "Holy crap, there probably goes my driving license". Can't wait for weekend to give in a proper rip on a serpentine.

Overall FIRST impressions - I know the tune costs shitloads even compared to Hartge (others are just times cheaper), but holy crap does it deliver!

P.S. MPG wise - need to do some further testing after the trip comp reset, will report later on.
Appreciate 0