08-20-2014, 11:12 AM   #1056
NPickles
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F15 40D SE Space Grey/Terra

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6605paull View Post
Hi sorry to ask but what info do you need to track your order with BMW?, and what do you then do, I am getting mixed messages from the stealer, not for the first time
I tried to track it using the order number with no success online, there is a phone number you can call to get updates but I never tried that as it is a 1-800 number in the States and I am in the UK.

I got updates from the stealer until production and then checked the VIN on bmwarchiv.de, once it appears there it is built.

Then the fun begins, @CatFlap may be more help as he made all the phone calls as our X5's shared a boat on the way over. There is no specific tracking available but by talking to agents and looking at schedules you can determine which K-Line boat it is on and track it all the way over the Atlantic and on it's grand tour of Europe (Zeebrugge, Bremerhaven) before landing at Southampton. Once landed at Southampton your dealer should have it within a week, according to the SLA's in place with the road shippers.
Appreciate 0