08-28-2014, 11:13 AM   #16
cy07
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 X5 50i 2016 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisny View Post
different countries, different packages. In other countries, m sport does get you adaptive M suspension, just not here in the US..

The sport auto is standard only with M sport though, and that made a big difference for me. Others have said they just live without the paddles (which i never use) and coded the software changes (faster shifts and to me, feels smoother shifting) instead of ordering a car with the sport auto (M sport). I can't comment on the coding, but the sport auto is well worth the upgrade, IMHO. With the sport auto also comes Sport + mode, which is not available in the other lines.

The sport seats that are standard with M sport are not just a cosmetic difference, they have additional support and deeper side bolsters, and adjustable leg extension. Beware though, sport seats don't get you the inflatable (adjustable) side bolsters, only the multi contour seats do, and those are an additional upgrade to any line (though they come standard with a 50i in some (maybe all?) countries.
Well said. You get Sport + mode, that's the only driving difference M sport provides. I don't remember the last time I ever use sport + and paddles on my previous BMWs. As for sport seats, you can't even select this on 50i and multi contour seats are superior. All X5 comes with the same excellent 8 speed transmission.

Like I said, M sport is really just a matter of aesthetics, at least in US.
Appreciate 0