View Single Post
      09-08-2014, 10:28 PM   #20
42pilot
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2014 X5 35d MSport

Quote:
Originally Posted by opasha View Post
Just reposting my observations. Everything works great as it should. The car is MUCH more powerful. However, the CEL (check engine light is back). I opened up the hood and made sure the MAF sensor wires were all secure/connected and they were. Nothing loose anywhere. I then proceeded to use ESYS to "Clear ALL DTCs" and then it went away...I turned off my car...waited a few minutes...turned it back on...the CEL returned. I then did the single Clear DTC option and this cleared it...turned off the car...turned it back on...CEL still there.

Hopefully, this corrects itself because the chip is working as it should with the factory RaceChip tune settings S1=B S2=1. I wonder what could be causing this. The CEL did not come up when I drove the first 20 minutes I got it installed.
You should install the dummy plug included in the kit and drive the car for about 30 miles. This will clear the DTC through the BMW process which is better than clearing it with a reader. If it reappears on the same setting (I have a feeling it will), you should call RaceChip for their recommendation on a new setting. If it continues to happen, then you will need to set the chip to it's default (explained on page 10 of the manual) to see if it throws a code again. If it doesn't, then start working up from there.