Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 X5 35D

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffhoff View Post
Most likely the 20's

I got this info from my CA when I ordered my X5 this past Saturday

OPTION RESTRICTIONS (REDUCED AVAILABILITY)
Due to the weekly production shortages of various options and wheels, we may be forced to modify Non Customer Sold orders to align with production September Onward. Below are the options and wheels that have varying availability by week. If your order has changed, please do not add the option back or we will not be able to produce your vehicle at all.
Model(s) Option Comment
MY15 X5 2PW (20” Double Spoke M Wheels) Within ZMM (M Sport)
2LS (20” Y Spoke Wheels) Within All Lines
2D4 (19” Orbit Grey Wheels) Within ZXD (X Line)
2H4 (19” Multi Spoke Wheels) 100% X5 xDrive50
2AZ (18” Light Alloy) Standard on X5 D and X5 sDrive

My lease is up in Dec, my CA and I are already talking about extending my current lease due to the availability of rims.

I know it says "non-customer sold", but this seems to be impacting customer sold vehicles as well.
Yes, similar to what I heard when my SA informed me of a 3 week production delay from Sept 22.

Yesterday I called the 1-800 # for the first time. The phone system said "no confirmed date for production." It didn't even confirm the 3 week delay, so I called a customer service rep a few minutes later.

Customer service then told me my X5 will likely begin production this week as it has been "accepted for production " on Sept 26 and that a VIN # is now being assigned to it. They said their computer shows it was never scheduled for a Sept 22 build date.

Things must have recently changed at the factory considering last week's bad news. Maybe 20's have become available again. Hopefully the live advisor was accurate.
Appreciate 0