01-19-2015, 12:20 AM   #33
NoPII
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2024 XM Label

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by fatmatt0116 View Post
The Turbo S is better than the x5m in every way, except I guess price but you get what you pay for. Sorry guys, to believe otherwise is delusional...
Firstly, let me say that I absolutely respect your choice. What it comes down to here is really a choice - we can each drive what we want (within reason, obviously I'd love a Bentley Continental GT, but I'd like to pay my house down faster...).

However, you should bear in mind that you're on a BMW forum here. I want to remain excited by the fact that I'm waiting for my $120k X6M. I worked hard for it, and it's the car I want. I, personally, think that the Cayenne looks a little too "Hyundai-ish" for my taste, and the interior is too busy. It may well be more compelling to drive at 160mph on the track - but realistically I know that I'm going to be max out at, ahem, "70 mph" on the legal sections here in WA. BMW have been rock solid with their service experience for me in the last 12 years of ownership, I enjoy the technological innovation of the brand, and they earned my loyalty.

I guess my point here is that we should all be allowed to be excited by the vehicle we chose - whether it's a Geo Metro (do they still make those?) or a Bugatti Veyron (not one I understand, but still). I'm a little frustrated by your "I'm better than you because I saw the light and bought a Porsche" attitude. I'm pleased that you're happy with your choice, and you bought a beautiful car (that as a car nut I can appreciate) but I'd politely ask that you that don't belittle the choices of those who don't agree with you.

Just my $0.02 of course
Appreciate 3