03-07-2015, 10:56 AM   #102
jpsjr70
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by opasha View Post
Sorry, looked at the wrong diagram. I think you were initially correct, and I completely forgot about it. I used a more in depth diagram in Rheingold and figured it out from the google searches I listed. You were definitely on the right track. I wish I looked at your diagram a second time. I was over thinking it and the brake sensor didn't occur to me until I pulled the brake forward with my foot yesterday.

I figured it out by working backwards. It was when he removed the driver lower panel (this houses the sensors/wiring for the brake and acceleration pedal, etc) to feed the micro usb power cable for the E-level touchpad that adjusts the height of the air suspension. He must have knocked out of its original position (turned or twisted) without realizing. When aligned correctly, this sensor is touched by the sensor/some switch on the brake pedal metal arm that hits this sensor telling the computer: "Ok, you can turn off the brake lights because I'm not being pushed by Omar's foot anymore to make the F15 stop."
Hi pal, sorry your having problems and things didn't work out with the air suspension, but we are all learning things from you! I say we start a fund for the education your giving us! Think positive pal, life could be worse. We have all been there and trust me I personally have been there for conversions and at the end it didn't come out the way I wanted, but I stayed positive like you! Lots of luck pal! I'll be asking you soon how to remove the center console trim! Thanks for the steering wheel info, Im looking into some options.

Joe
Appreciate 1