View Single Post
      03-31-2015, 07:33 PM   #1297
opasha
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW X5 50i

For those of you who have not given up on LED Ant-Glare High Beam, I have figured out now why VO Coding all ECUs except DME might have worked. I have not come across anyone who has VO Coded in this format. ICM also needs to be VO Coded instead of just BDC_BODY, KAFAS, TMS, and LHM. Everything you want and need to know to understand the ins and outs of the Anti-Glare High Beam system and how it works, what it relies on, and what components it uses will be within this PDF: https://copy.com/nvKiqp1xGCjU6Is9

For all you brave souls who know how to code and still can with your LED headlights in the US or wherever you are that don't have Glare-Free currently, do the following:

1) Remove 5AP and 8S4 (if I coded your car or helped you, 8S4 is already removed) from your FA and follow the proper steps on writing it to your car

2) Read FA, Activate FA, Read ECU, VO Code (right click code) all ECUs EXCEPT DME (this is your engine, don't ever touch this ECU folder).

3) External Applications/External Application/Transmitter - Clear ALL DTCs

4) Go drive test your lights and report back - remember if you've coded your fogs with your high beams on after this, make sure they are off. Anti-Glare High Beams don't work with fogs on.