10-05-2015, 11:41 PM   #39
Dinan_Engineering
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Any BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04cobra View Post
Yes, it appears as though BMW rates cars at the wheels now, or very close to what people will get on a dyno, which is the way it should be IMO. Repeatable numbers in the real world instead of numbers kinda made up by the manufacturer, that no one can actually test easily.
The M cars are significantly underrated in our testing to the tune of about 10-15%. All the other cars are pretty close in line to their rated power however. Although the torque tends to be understated on all the cars to varying degrees.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluekn8286 View Post
I have the Dinan software on my e92 M3 and love it. I specifically love the fact that motor longevity and reliability aren't compromised; I am assuming that this mantra carriers over to the F chassis as well, yes?
That is, and will always be the Dinan Mantra. "Performance without sacrifice" has been one of our tagline since the beginning for a reason.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvigod View Post
I own a '12 X5M and test drove the new one hoping it would be a different experience in terms of suspension, power, feel, etc. Actually I was hoping it wasn't too different so I didn't want to trade mine in and have to spend up another 50k for the new one. Well it was a huge improvement in every aspect over my '12 X5M. The power, handling, suspension ride, tech, seats and just about everything was a sizeable leap. My takeaway from the test drive was not "this thing needs more power" but then again you can never have too much....
The E7x chassis to the F8x chassis was a noticeable leap in power not only in overall power but in delivery as well. The new version is hands down superior to the old. Not many times I would ever say that but in this case I find it hard to argue.
Appreciate 0