Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 M5 & 2019 X3

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlammedR8
Quote:
Originally Posted by drjoe66 View Post
This is the Canberra interior of a 2016 X5 35i. What I liked so much about the beige carpet was that it always looked clean. Not so the black carpet.
I would have to seriously disagree that a beige carpet would always look clean, while the black carpet would not. My mother in law's 535xi has the full on beige interior. What a disaster..unless you plan to keep rubber mats in all year round. If it so much as rains one day and you get into the car the carpets are dirty and you can see it. Black carpet needs good vacuum but they will rarely ever get stained unless you spill coffee or salt of course. I think you have it backwards buddy!

Glad to see BMW making this change as it will make the beige interior more liveable and friendly to clean/maintain.

That said, are you sure that's Canberra beige? Sure looks like Ivory interior to me!
We have had light brown interior for years and ours has always looked clean. The black stuff on the doors shows every scuff and the black carpet shows every hair and every little flake of whatever. Now we do clean our cars on a regular basis and we have floor mats. My M3 has black interior and after I vacuum it it looks dirty after a day or so. Not the light brown interior. But of course is is a matter of taste.
Appreciate 0