View Single Post
      03-30-2016, 01:06 AM   #1
Dunga
Rep
Drives: '14 C7 Corvette Stingray

Long boring post but looking for input!

Hi all,

Long time lurker. My lady and I are in the market for an SUV. For about 6 months now I've been convinced that the X5 offers a great driving experience, looks nice and has some neat options. Basically since I drove one for giggles.

This would be our first BMW. Our garage has a 2015 GLK 350 that we'd be trading in (because we should have never brought it home last year but that's another story for another post ), a Honda Crosstour that has like 3 lease payments left and will be going back to Honda with thanks and a c7 stingray that's staying h#%$ put :-).

So the lady just test drove a GLE400 that we both thought was super nice. On the cross shop list still is the Q7, Cayenne and Range Rover sport. I'm convinced that the BMW is the best value, power to weight and driving dynamic of all of the above including the Cayenne since the higher trims are out of budget.

We called our BMW agent yesterday and he said he has a car on the lot that fits our interior/exterior color combo request and he would have it ready. It appears to be the most well equipped car I've seen but demands a lot of $$$. What do you guys think? What's a good deal on it in your opinion? I know the facelift is coming for next MY so would that deter you? Would that get us a better deal?

http://www.bmwofminnetonka.com/new/B...e25243daad.htm

This one has several options that we wouldn't necessarily order like the rear seat entertainment. We have no kid yet. The dynamic handling package is missing but it has the M suspension and we both commute 10 minutes to work and have another car for the twisty back roads and the track. I'm sitting in bed up at 1 AM stressing out over this! kinda of a big commitment this proposition is!

Thanks for the input. I think I need another cup of coffee!

Sleepless in Minnesota!

PS the forum keeps crashing on me. Is this a sign?

Last edited by Dunga; 03-30-2016 at 01:45 AM.. Reason: typo
Appreciate 0