View Single Post
      03-31-2016, 01:16 PM   #18
double_j
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 JB/B E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunga View Post
Back home. No new car. The one in the link above is an "executive car" used by a dealership employee and it has 700 miles and a bunch of mods (different wheel, tinted windows, clear bra among other things). They weren't interested in making a deal on it and in fact were going to charge for the mods.

For a brand new order the lowest I could get was 5.8% off MSRP and I'm told it's as low as the dealership has ever gone. Whether true or not I would have probably taken it if not for them wanting to shaft us with the trade in. We were gonna have about $8k in negative equity that would roll into the new car loan/lease which is baloney. They wouldn't budge on the trade in since they weren't making much on the new vehicle sale. I tried to argue that we're still above invoice and that's not even counting the hold backs but no dice.

So....the search continues. The Q7 drove nice but it's no X5 and certainly not a 5.0 X5. They're all sold out through September and they won't give you a penny under MSRP because they "don't have to". That's literally what I was told.

All in all still a fun day off of work. Thanks for all the tips. Hope to splatter an X5 picture extravaganza in a future post soon.
Good job on walking away from the deal.

It's always tough getting out of a car after only one year (trust me, I'm trying to get out of a 2016 X3 35i that I bought new 6 months ago). Your best bet at getting a reasonable value is to go back to a MB dealer - at least they have the ability to clean it up and slap a CPO designation on it without having to put it to auction, etc.

I've gotten crap trade-in offers on the X3 from all but BMW dealers because of the above. I'm much too lazy but your best would always be to sell the car yourself.
Appreciate 0