View Single Post
      06-27-2016, 03:04 PM   #30
McWCgW
Rep
Drives: 2015 x35d

I'm in Good Hands with Allstate.

MrQuick, I don't disagree, when I first heard the diagnosis I thought the same thing. In fact, I still don't understand how this could be such an issue. To me it's seems simple, fuel systems get contaminated everyday, and flushes seem to work for everyone. Why is this different? How/why can BMW justify $18k for essentially "bad gas"? This will most definitely deter me from owning anymore BMW's, which is a shame, as this was our first and we absolutely love it. I came from Audi to BMW because I wanted an SUV that was big enough for our family, but still had performance. But once we get on the right-side up, I expect we will get rid of it.

The SA showed me the BMW recommendations screen in the shop for fuel that contains "Swarf", and then put a magnet in my tank (they took the tank off) with liquid stuck to it. Not really sure what I was supposed to take from that, I guess that is supposed to prove there is metal in the liquid fuel?

At the end of the day, given that it's a BMW dealership and not some neighborhood auto shop, I'm more inclined to believe them when they KEEP pushing back and saying what the insurance adjuster is approving won't cut it. I don't see what BMW shop has to gain from this. I had a loaner for a LONG time, which I'm pretty sure they would have rather had back, this is a VERY busy dealership.
Appreciate 0