01-06-2017, 03:29 AM   #23
X5M50D
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X7 M50d

Quote:
Originally Posted by sak83 View Post
Just thought i would chime in too, i have a M50D scheduled for Week 9 delivery which is the first week of March. Enough time to avoid the April tax hike. I also deliberated over the colour and have also gone space grey, despite my current car being space grey too. Initially i wanted a change and was thinking of going black but I'm not sure i can maintain it. I do find the lighter colours make the car seem less bulky because you get a contrast between the c pillar and the black wrap around portion of the rear windscreen.

It seems to be a running theme but I didn't test drive one either, my local dealer Berry Chiswick was poor and just about let me have half an hour in a 30D SE with no spec. When I tried to finalise a deal I found i could get better elsewhere so placed an order with Arden Maidstone. They didn't have a M50D available so i couldn't get a drive with them either. I've only driven the 30D car with se suspension running 20" wheels and not experienced a car with the adaptive m suspension. So I have taken a punt with my order and specified adaptive dynamic drive. I've always wanted this option and it will be nice to have it specced on a new car with warranty without worrying about the fancy active roll bars going wrong. I may have been happy with the standard adaptive m suspension but I'll never know.

I placed my order on 1st Nov 2016 so have had plenty of time to deliberate spec, i currently have it as

Space Grey
Black Dakota/Silver Hex Trim
20" 468M wheels
M sport Plus
Cold Weather Package
Climate Comfort Screen
Surround View/Reverse Assist
Driving Assistant Plus
Panoramic Roof
Comfort Seats
Adaptive Dynamic Drive
Adaptive Leds
Enhanced Bluetooth

One thing i just realised a few days ago is that with the revisions to the standard specifications the multi function display is now included in the m sport plus pack where it wasn't before the changes. I was on the fence with this option but couldn't justify paying for it. So now its included I'm quite happy

I will also be looking to retrofit the X6 knee pads, because although I like the silver hex trim on the dash and door cards, I don't like it on the centre console. I find the leather knee pads work really well there and the centre console looks better being all black. I haven't yet checked the price of them yet.

Well it seems all new UK owners of M50d are coming out in force.
Lets hope we all get our deliveries before the 1st April when the VED tax rates increase.
Appreciate 0