01-06-2017, 04:42 AM   #31
GeeRam
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X5 40d SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by sak83 View Post
It seems to be a running theme but I didn't test drive one either, my local dealer Berry Chiswick was poor and just about let me have half an hour in a 30D SE with no spec. When I tried to finalise a deal I found i could get better elsewhere so placed an order with Arden Maidstone. They didn't have a M50D available so i couldn't get a drive with them either. I've only driven the 30D car with se suspension running 20" wheels and not experienced a car with the adaptive m suspension. So I have taken a punt with my order and specified adaptive dynamic drive. I've always wanted this option and it will be nice to have it specced on a new car with warranty without worrying about the fancy active roll bars going wrong. I may have been happy with the standard adaptive m suspension but I'll never know.
You must be close to me then, as Berry's are my local dealer (I'm about mid-way between Chiswick and the Heathrow branch) and I also found the sales team at Chiswick to be poor....or rather too full of BS.
Heathrow are a lot better and I got a good deal out of them to be fair, a very good one. But a guy on PH who had just bought a M50d put me in contact with his sales guy at Vines of Gatwick, and they beat the Berry deal by only a couple of hundred quid, but I just got a nicer vibe from the team there....so while not local, they got my business.
I've ordered the Adaptive Pro suspension for my SE, and I managed to find a MSport 40d at a dealer in Oxford, that have the Dynamic suspension fitted so feigned interest in buying to have a test drive.
You'll be impressed, it makes a HUGE difference from just a normal MSport with adaptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by sak83 View Post
One thing i just realised a few days ago is that with the revisions to the standard specifications the multi function display is now included in the m sport plus pack where it wasn't before the changes.
The other thing that has changed in spec from week 1 build, is that the reverse camera in now standard & the base audio is now the BMW Advanced.