View Single Post
      01-27-2017, 08:13 AM   #8
48Laws
Banned
Rep
Drives: '15 F80, '18 991.2 GTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viffermike View Post
I've always considered -- and still consider -- any Pagani to be the most obscene, overwrought, self-important, contrived, egotistical vehicle ever cleared to operate on public roads. Even above the Veyron -- in fact, far and away more than the Veyron. That Pagani uses someone else's motor to power its cars only reinforces that feeling in me, because it's not a true supercar on the level of a Bugatti, Koenigsegg, Ferrari, Porsche, etc.

There's no denying the attention to detail, the highest-of-the-high-quality parts, and the performance. But it's an ultrabaked kit car. And, to my aesthetic, it's one of the ugliest. The snobbery involved in making them only makes them uglier -- and that I deal with holier-than-thou artsy fashion types every day and am saying this should speak volumes about my attitude toward Horatio and his cars. (At least Brunello Cucinelli, for instance, is a nice guy. Horacio's been an elitist ass in every place and situation I've seen him in).

YMMV. If I were gifted one of these, I'd sell it immediately.
Seems like you like bringing attention to yourself by sounding fake deep. Have a seat. Horacio personifies what it means to be a bespoke hypercar mad scientist. I know the level of detail intimidates most. It should be over the top! The Pagani is what all boutiques should inspire to be. Who hates on an AMG engine? Oh...you hate the Audi engine in Lambos, too? SMFH
Appreciate 1