View Single Post
      03-15-2017, 06:29 PM   #77
markrw68
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2017 F15 X5 M50d

I'm in exactly the same situation as you X5M50D, not being able to insure as the car hasnt been registered yet, though in my case this is despite knowing the registration number it will have. Having asked DVLA why the number hadnt been registered, I was told that the AFRL system is instantaneous so as soon as the dealer/manufacturer enters the details, it is updated so at this point, the delay can only attributed to the dealer or BMW UK.

My two best current quotes are around the £495 mark but neither firms are willing to complete the transaction without a registration number. These are both through the comparison website that seems to have the biggest TV advertising budget at present, offering free toys and cinema tickets! There are firms on the list that are willing to insure without a registration number but I am loathed to do this as they are another £300 or so!

I'm booked in to collect it next Tuesday 21st but hope that the insurers dont take the same approach as airlines where prices increase exponentially the nearer to the day of flight one gets

Glad you are nearly there Geeram, let us have some pictures at the weekend to keep our interest going
Appreciate 0