View Single Post
      05-03-2017, 01:44 AM   #17
Almaretto
Major General
Rep
Drives: Test Vehicles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverbear View Post
I don't usually think of this fact that it is dealers rather than customers who configure most vehicles. I ordered my E70 exactly as I wanted her because I couldn't find any that were remotely close to the config that I wanted. On the F85 it is much easier to consider a used car and avoiding the depreciation of ordering new because you have so few packages to choose and many vehicles seem to have them all on which is what I prefer.

But if one needs a specific individual option like the Night Vision then this one is left off a lot. Which I can understand since in the city maybe you don't want it, too many alerts or something. But out here I think I would like to try it, not in the center view but the warnings in the HUD I think would be valuable.
Of course people will spend time configuring vehicles (ie "Build Your Own"); but the figures I have seen, indicate the majority of sales are dealer lot.

I agree that it would be great to always have access to vehicles specced just to desired options while shopping, but this is not always possible.
Appreciate 0