View Single Post
      07-29-2017, 01:33 AM   #1
DuSh
Colonel
Rep
Drives: F15 X5 50i

BPC bench flashed/tuned my f15 x5 50i today!

Just came back, tired, but happy - I went from New York to Raleigh, NC yesterday, stayed at a hotel overnight and was at 8am first thing in the morning at BPC location and ..... finally got a BEAST of a x5 today

Yes, it is a bench flash tune, NOT a piggy back. This is real. This is happening. +127 WHP / +117 WTQ Gain over factory according to their page: https://bimmerperformancecenter.com/...tune-2013-2016

IMHO these guys are #1! They know what they are doing and they love what they do!

On my way back I was trying hard to not get speeding ticket. This thing pulls hard like a freight train. No matter from what speed - it's just scary fast. Feel bad for Mustang GT driver and Porsche Cayenne Turbo Literally almost cried after that. Cayenne Turbo was my dream car and here I am walking away from it on "Mexican" highway. You should have seen driver jumping in his seat and leaning forward to squeeze every last bit from his Turbo, but I was still passing him....... He was upset, tried twice, on the second try he jump started, but I still walked him over. Also was trying to play a little with a Vette, but abandoned the idea due to traffic
This thing is so stupid fast that it should be banned. Suspension is not even close to be able to handle this much power (but that is another story and I'm planning to do something about it)

I forgot to mention I had a good 300lbs stuff in my trunk too. Imagine a 5000lbs SAV accelerating like a bat out of cave. Torque that this twin turbo V8 generates is just way too much

Within a couple weeks I'll try to do a dyno run (need AWD dyno) and I'll post results - theoretically I'm at around 475 WHP / 514 QTQ - which is a LOT if you convert it to crank hp/tq taking into account AWD and Automatic transmission losses - it's basically X5M territory (and somehow I have a feeling inside that it CAN walk stock X5M)

Everyone at BPC was very friendly, knowledgeable and ready to answer all questions. Bob (programmer/tuner) made my experience like a F1 formula driver - he asked my preferences and explained various options I can get with tune (exhaust valves/flaps open/close, cold start cat, speed and rev limiter delete and so on). I also got Sport+ mode coded (my x5 is not M Sport and came without it) and Sport+ mode comes with launch control! and also got bunch of other stuff coded for convenience

Spent most of time in their customer lounge with Amazon movies, but of course I was so excited and impatient that I spent most of time near Bobs working area bothering him with questions. This was a spontaneous decision to take a trip, but it wasn't necessary, I could have sent DME by mail, but I wanted this fast and right now, so I called and they were able to accommodate me the very next day, overall I'm very pleased and can recommend them to anyone. BPC work with everything from E30 to F15/F16, diesel or gasoline - they do it all

Almost forgot to tell that rumors are Bob finished working on Stage 2 of the tune (that will yield even more gains and require downpipes etc)

My next goals are to do some 0-60 runs, AWD dyno and then rims/tires

Apologize for lots of text, but hopefully this will help make up mind for those on the fence

Last edited by DuSh; 07-29-2017 at 01:53 AM..
Appreciate 4
FSociety3816.50
BimmerTy195.50