View Single Post
      12-30-2017, 02:27 PM   #5548
hdAge
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2017 X5 xDrive35d M sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by rntaylor View Post
Personally; I would have color matched the front and rear reflectors. But, of course if you did that people would be saying why did you color match the reflectors!!!
Lol, this is completely upto the individual's preference. I have seen a lot here de-badge (which I like) and paint the reflectors, personally I like the reflectors the way they are as they are very subtle anyway and so I'm keeping it that way.

Quote:
I like concept of the red pin stripe, especially on the front lip. As for it clashing with the color of the vehicle, again some people will say it does and some will say it doesn’t. When I initially looked at the picture it clashed, but the more I look at it, the more I like it. In my opinion, I think you should color match the front reflector and it will be straight.:thumbs:
The stripe I have right now is dark red, I have another new roll of (not so dark) red stripe, looks just a tad bit yellowish. I'm thinking of replacing with this new roll. I originally added the red stripe and noticed that it matches with the brake lights and now also the red painted brake calipers. This pic shows all of them in one view.

And ofcourse the view from back is all red (reflectors, brake lights and 3rd brake light), including a red touch on the M license plate

Quote:
But, what I’m really confused about is the issue with the front plate. Correct me if I wrong (I never lived in California), but isn’t the front plate required in California? It’s one thing to have an opinion on mods, but to suggest the removal of the front plate when it’s required by state law?!?!?
Somehow I didn't notice this comment earlier but that is correct, California does require license plates front and back and here is a direct excerpt

"Vehicles registered in California must display valid license plates as evidence of current registration. Passenger vehicles display two license plates -- one plate on the front of the car and one plate on the back of the car."

http://www.latimes.com/business/la-f...19-column.html
Jlu88360.00
ptm1nh202.00
rntaylor137.00