View Single Post
      01-04-2018, 05:12 PM   #114
AZTWW
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2021 Tesla Model S Long Range

Ok so I will try to give a bit of review but I won't go as detailed as the others since my feedback will be mostly the same. For context I came from a 335i with Remus quad exhaust and had a Corsa straight pipe on it before that.

I have driven with it for a few days now and it continues to impress. I always thought the 50i was a little muted although it had a nice sound for a premium SAV. Most would agree, however, that it does not sound like it looks.

Value for this mod is a solid 10 in my opinion. I paid $330 out the door and used tips that my shop had a huge assortment of and probably similar to what you can find online/ebay/china. By far the cheapest exhaust mod you can do for what you get.

My take on the sound is this, it is louder but not overly crazy like a straight pipe Mustang. Probably on par with a 350GT or SVR. I was afraid it might be too loud but it strikes a good balance. Going slower you don't notice too much but then as you step in, get gets deeper and throaty....I like that.

Here is the kicker, my wife has said nothing or noticed for over four days. I am betting on when she might actually figure out something is up. My guess is when she rides in it for the first time but we will see.

Sport modes shift are distinct, really like that sound. Love the deceleration sound coming to a stop or light...the right amount of pops and backfires....Means business for sure. Nothing louder than what I would want.

Driving wise, it really makes you rethink your truck. The exhaust note helps it take on a more "performance" oriented demeanor. This is not the mod for someone who thinks of his BMW like a Lexus that should be quiet and refined but more for the guy who would also buy a F-Type R, Z06, SVR, 350GT.....A car that sounds like it looks.

So there is my slightly different take. Very satisfied! Now I just need the OBD2 flash tunes and this thing is straight up nonsense.
Appreciate 3
DuSh2113.50