View Single Post
      01-12-2018, 03:49 PM   #36
DuSh
Colonel
Rep
Drives: F15 X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by iconoclast View Post
is it really worth all that for 1/10th of a second quicker? i have to imagine that isn't even noticeable.
what have you done? what are you basing your numbers on? do you have slips or dyno plots?
Slips are coming soon. I dropped about 200kg (440lbs) - that's about 0.3-0.4 sec imho Some of it is in rotational mass (lighter rims) which affects acceleration noticeably. Stage 1 flash yielded about 445awhp 560awtq at DynoDynamics - that is known to show about 10% less than Mustang dyno (give or take) which in turn shows less than Dynojet - if you add it up - I'm at about stock x5m numbers. Oh, btw it was on 91 octane. With Stage 2 that I'm currently looking to do and 93 octane it's going to be about 40-50whp more

I don't want to steer this thread off the topic, but I can argue with anyone that modded 50i is at about stock x5m levels. For many owners if car has 600hp and sounds good (with muffler delete) and looks good (x5m still looks meaner of course) - that's all they need for a relatively heavy SAV - that's my philosophy too
There's no doubt x5m has a lot more potential, I'm just stating another point of view - that 50i can be a fun SAV for less money
Appreciate 0