View Single Post
      01-26-2018, 09:03 PM   #17
Bogey4me
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F85, G30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuckle View Post
Hey guys! New X5M owner here. I will make an official post when I can take some pictures. It has been raining non stop down here in Alabama this week.

I picked up my M on Monday. It was a demo car and had 5100 miles on it. It shows 2900 miles until my next schedule maintenance. Well tonight I got a message that I was 1 quart low on engine oil. I checked the oil level with the idrive system and sure enough it showed that it needed a quart as well. Within that I was able to access the manual and found the type of oil needed. I then called my service department to verify. Added a quart of 5w30 full synthetic and everything is back to normal. I am not sure if maybe it just did not get filled all the way or if there may be an issue. I wanted to check with other owners to see if oil use is normal in these high performance engines. Probably a dumb question but this is my first high performance car.

I am so addicted to this machine already and yes, I have been running it pretty hard the past 3 days if that helps to understand.

Thanks and I look forward to sharing info with you all.

Nuck
They burn more than my other BMWs do. I never need to add oil between oil changes. I have 25,000 miles on my X5M and the car told me last week oil was at minimum levels and to add 1 quart. It did this once before between oil changes. I don't worry about it
Appreciate 0