View Single Post
      02-21-2018, 12:07 PM   #92
DuSh
Colonel
Rep
Drives: F15 X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlado View Post
So , even with the pads (80 % ) came with the caliper i am not sure if its a good idea to use them with the new rotors BUT i am glad that you did save money and work well for ya .. i found on ebay set of all 4 calipers but $1500 .. and if put on top rotors, sensors , pads ... cuz dont know how good are they .... i guess shipping too..... better jump on MPBK for $2300
I think MPBK is not a bad deal currently, one forum member found a $2200 sale deal if I'm not mistaken, he posted it in this thread i think

P.S. Yeah, I went with same pads due to budget constraints, I did perform pad bedding procedure, so I did all i can do in this situation. I know it's not ideal. Sensors are just a dumb wire that triggers electric contact when pads touch wire (it's not a real high tech led sensor or something like that) - they are good unless damaged or cut (there's only 1 sensor per axle). Mine were good, so I still have 1 extra laying around the one that came with calipers. IMHO this mod makes sense if you are just doing front calipers (and only paint match rears for looks), if you go for all 4 - cost adds up and you are right it makes not much sense to not go for MPBK. If I had money I would have bought MPBK no questions asked

Last edited by DuSh; 02-21-2018 at 12:40 PM..
Appreciate 0