03-16-2018, 01:45 AM   #16
sj22
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 14 F15 50I

Quote:
Originally Posted by neverdone View Post
I was almost positive (and when I get back to my car, I'll get the VIN again and check) that I had ACC. I initially thought that it just activates when getting close to vehicles but I tested it and it didn't work obviously.

Then I looked it up and it says there are extra buttons on the steering wheel, which I don't have....however, I have an m-sport and I can't seem to find a picture of an m-sport wheel with those buttons. Or is it different in Canadian vehicles? Or do I just not have it lol
There is a difference between
- Collision detection (which activates when getting very close to vehicles) and is part of Driving Assistant in 2014 models. Only the light pops up and there is no braking.
- Adaptive Cruise control (which can be activated anywhere and is just like stop and go cruise control without any lane management) and comes with driving assistant plus. Light pops up and there is active braking. In my opinion it also gives much much better collision detection which is why I refuse to buy a car without ACC now. Especially here in Vancouver where tailgaiting in the norm.

Its not any different in Canadian vehicles than US vehicles (I have had both with ACC). Both my cars have been non-msport though.

You can read more here: http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=800924

Check this video on how the steering should look for m-sport:

Past: 2013 750i xdrive, 2008 535xi

Last edited by sj22; 03-16-2018 at 01:58 AM..
Appreciate 0