03-28-2018, 12:27 PM   #57
JimVonBaden
BMW Cool Aide!
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 128i Convertible

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maestro View Post
Actually, not true. I will give you one example, companies do background checks on people which is publically available information. However, companies will also check people Facebook accounts and more time than not people do not get jobs because of things they and other posted on Facebook about their activities. My wife works in the recruiting industry and this is common practice these days. Facebook knows more about you than any other source these days and it knows things which future employers want to know about you and whether you do things which they do not like.
You just gave a perfect example of posting crap. No one forces you to post anything on FB, nor do they force you to read or react to anything. If you are a drama queen, then you probably should not be hired by companies worried about that, as well as morons who post work details on an open forum.

Again, you get from it what you put into it, same as any other social media. Have you seen the crap people post here? You think companies will not find it? Lastly, who uses their real name on FB?