Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: G05 40i LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverik259 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1230vani View Post
Apologies, am about to order and thought I knew it all but I do not. I would still need part #s for:

1. screws bolts needed (part#) for the front drilled F85 rotors
2. part #s for the rear F85 rotors
3. part # for the rear screws for F85 rotors (if needed at all if they are different to screws bolts than that of m performance brakes)

Further questions/request for opinions

i)only doubting to order the rear F85 rotors as the small shop could have problems installing it. I do like to look though, but could look cool also with front drilled as well.

ii) how long can i take before I install the F85 rotors. I will have the M performance brakes installed this week, is it ok to use the for a week and then install the F85 rotors (I do not know in terms of bedding, squeeking). It might be that the brake pads will already be "adjusted" to the performance rotors

I know its a lot but it is an expensive project and half of it won't be done at the dealer so I would need to know upfront

Thanks a lot! Am excited
Why would your shop have trouble with the tears? Just need to trim the shield. Or just buy the shield and have them install it.

And yes you can use them for a week and then put on new rotors but if you're gonna do that then why not just wait and sell "brand new" rotors to someone else? Maybe someone with an E70
Thanks for answering. Have no idea what you mean with the "shield" and "tears". Anyways BMW dealer wont do it, so have to bring it to a smaller automechanic shop. They barely speak english. All good with front rotors but rear ones wont be as easy to explain why there are holes that dont fit and so on. Decided to go with all of this and hopefully it will all work out good.
Appreciate 0