Ex_Stig
Colonel
Rep
Drives: '24 X7 M60i

Garage List
2024 BMW X7 M60  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by deutsch100 View Post
It is only in the upper 70s here today, beautiful actually, but...I had my F15 parked in the full sun for about 90 mins while I had lunch. When I got in the car, HVAC set to AUTO 68F just dribbled of course (even though it was easily 100F+ inside the car) and even after driving for 20+ mins, the dashboard, glass and roof were boiling hot! When I complained AGAIN to my SA on Monday when my car was serviced....NO answer. Well besides from roll the windows down and keep it on Max AC. I am so, so curious how the 2019 X5 A/C will be!! My 2006 E90 330i behaved the exact same way my F15 does. I think BMW used an old system for the F15

Quote:
Originally Posted by anon1000 View Post
Same problem in F15 here in Texas, only way to get airflow, is to disable the rear ac (let my kids suffer) and turn temp all the way down or use manual fan speed. Even with all this, the dash surface never cools down, you can literally see the heat rising from it - unbelievable. If you decice to write to BMWNA about this, let us know, I can't believe it would have been designed to be this bad.
Yes, when you look at the part schematics for the X5 you can see that the AC unit is a much older one.

My guess is that it was closer to sufficient on the previous X5, but interior space keeps getting bigger and now it can't handle that much.

Also, the greenhouse effect from the windshield doesn't help at all. I can't wait to get out of my lease! I hate this X5.

'25 M5 Touring (on the list, first slot)
'24 X7 M60i
'22 M5 CS - (sold)
Appreciate 1
deutsch1004109.50