View Single Post
      05-14-2018, 07:22 PM   #15
AZTWW
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2021 Tesla Model S Long Range

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverik259 View Post
Roger that. Just wish I didn't clear the codes as quickly as I did. I was just trying to get out of limp mode so I could make it to work. And ya kinda not happy about the RC potentially being the cause as I've only had it on for 10k miles or so. How would this foul them up? I would expect bad fuel etc. I didn't think the RC would cause the car to run rich or anything.
Not even that, they are probably the original factory plugs just like mine were. Plugs get old, fouled, etc. on there own in any engine, let alone the n63tu. Coming from my days of a tuned n54 engine, running it harder in any capacity is sure to wear them faster. In fact, I probably changed mine every 5-6k miles just to keep everything firing in peak condition. Compare that to factory where they want them to last to 45k-60k miles. That alone is kinda unrealistic.

I had an RC on for about 2 months of the whole time I had my 50i before I just recently did the Bootmod stage 1 flash. My plugs went out really on a stock engine so it can happen and your RC is not the culprit. Even when I had the RC, i did notice it was really close to going into limp mode. I knew then the plugs were on their way out. If you have been tuning, you know what it will feel like about to misfire and throw a CEL.

It has run so strong since then. Really strong since Bm3.
Appreciate 0