11-18-2018, 05:57 PM   #45
jjrandorin
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 435 & 2016 X5D

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6spdcoupe View Post
I have a garage and I park in it, unfortunately and oddly I don't get it to take it with me everywhere I go so yes, the vehicle does go outside and the weather does affect it.

Remote start is not just for cold or snow, it's just as effective in the summer heat. In fact it's actually a good bit helpful in the summer, health wise, when someone is just jumping in and going and the inside temp is 135+ degrees.
its probably hotter in the summer where I am than where you are (I dont know that for a fact though, but I regularly see temps around 110 or so outside during the summer around my house and town).

It takes about 3 minutes to cool off the car with max air conditioning when I get in it, but I have good window tint on all my windows except for the windshield, and I always put up a good sunscreen in the windshield during the summer when parked outside.

Im all for people having the ability to choose what they need, so dont get me wrong, I am not saying no one needs it. This seems to be one of those things I just "dont get". I would not want my car running without me in it in a store parking lot, or when I am "out and about" so I dont get that part of it. I totally get it at home for people who dont have a garage, or cant park in a garage.

/shrug... Not saying I need to get something for it to be valuable for others. I DO think its "strange" that BMW doesnt really offer it, even though I dont want it. My sister has it on her Used ford edge, which is really a pretty crappy car otherwise.

Its one of those features that seems like should be available on a luxury vehicle even though I would never get it myself. Like I said, just cause I "dont get it" and its not for me doesnt mean I dont think that it should be there for others that want it.
Appreciate 0