11-18-2018, 06:13 PM   #46
6spdcoupe
tends to get irritable
United_States
Rep
Drives: 14 F15,18 M550,20 Highlander

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrandorin View Post
its probably hotter in the summer where I am than where you are (I dont know that for a fact though, but I regularly see temps around 110 or so outside during the summer around my house and town).

It takes about 3 minutes to cool off the car with max air conditioning when I get in it, but I have good window tint on all my windows except for the windshield, and I always put up a good sunscreen in the windshield during the summer when parked outside.

Im all for people having the ability to choose what they need, so dont get me wrong, I am not saying no one needs it. This seems to be one of those things I just "dont get". I would not want my car running without me in it in a store parking lot, or when I am "out and about" so I dont get that part of it. I totally get it at home for people who dont have a garage, or cant park in a garage.

/shrug... Not saying I need to get something for it to be valuable for others. I DO think its "strange" that BMW doesnt really offer it, even though I dont want it. My sister has it on her Used ford edge, which is really a pretty crappy car otherwise.

Its one of those features that seems like should be available on a luxury vehicle even though I would never get it myself. Like I said, just cause I "dont get it" and its not for me doesnt mean I dont think that it should be there for others that want it.
It's one of those things that once you have it you will likely never go without again. Those that never have may not see the point and I totally get that. It definitely has it's perks though. There is absolutely no harm in having it running in a parking lot with you not present, properly installed makes it so that a potential thief couldn't do anything more with it than if it wasn't running.

With all the manufacturers out there adopting it, yes, one would definitely think a 'premium' brand, such as BMW, should be offering it as well. Although in Germany remote starts are technically illegal (idle laws).

This pic shows what it can potentially be- approx 2 hours sitting in partial sun, 86º ambient temp. A warmed day, sitting for longer certainly makes for some unhealthy breathing!
Attached Images

AC Schnitzer/Eibach/M Performance/RaceChip/Compustar/Drone/BimmerTech/FireTV/Helix/Dynaudio/Micro-Precision/Jehnert/Audiomobile
Appreciate 0