Stev_chu
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by unluky View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by LocksmithNick View Post
I mean, how much more tech do we need? Do people really not use the GPS on their phones? Because I’ve never found a better GPS than what’s on my iPhone. Let’s see, what else is there...music. How many different ways do we need to connect our phones to our radio to play music? Hand gestures? Come on...that’s not what sells cars. Aesthetics and performance are what sells cars. Do folks really need their text messages to come through on their phone, watch, and now on the car screen? It just seems silly and unnecessary.
LMAO - dude I think most people on here would agree with you.....BUT I think the VAST majority of the public as a whole would not. How many non-BMW (etc) owners have you heard discuss the finer points of performance of their cars? I bet the majority of car owners could not tell you how many HP their car makes......if they could even tell you how many cylinders it has. We are car people, so we think about such things, but the majority of people are not. And how do you get a non car person to try a BMW? You make it a vain status symbol (done) and you pack it with gadgets to impress non performance people. Once you OWN a performance oriented car - it is hard to go back, but getting a non performance car person to shell out 70-100K for a car is tough.

You need gadgets in the car to make your car "sparkle like a holiday" to steal a saying from Rainman.

BMW has to market to it's own crowd AND attract new customers. You care a lot about total performance. Most car owners want to be entertained 24/7 including their 11 minute putt putt drive to work and the store each day.
I just want a bmw that pushes over 500 hps! I don't care if it has a cassette player or rotary windows
Appreciate 1