Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW X5 xDrive 35i

Garage List
2015 BMW X5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by hufington View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by M302_imola View Post
Hufington, are you an engineer? I like they way you think. I actually did the same and made cardboard cutouts to visualize how large the outlet of my tips would be. 4" looked good but 4.5" filled out my rear valence better. I went with the 4.5" and I'm glad I did. I'll be looking forward to pics once you get this finished.
Well, thank you, Sir. I indeed have a degree in mechanical engineering from Stuttgart, but I am currently a management consultant.

I always try to visualize something before jumping into it. Unfortunately, I don't have a garage or tools right now, otherwise, I would have tig-welded two 4"inch steel tips with 2mm gap and staggered with a 15 degree angle onto a 5-inch long Y-pipe and then powdercoat them to manufacture the perfect fitting tip.

I do not want to install 3.5-inch tips knowing the size should be 4"; however, the reality is that the available tips in the market and the limited skilled muffler shops dictate what we do at the end.
And if you made up those tips you would have forum members asking for a set as well lol
Appreciate 1
hufington3123.50