Quote:
Originally Posted by Twin Peaks View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by duercos View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twin Peaks View Post

Let us know how you like it when it's all done
I've installed 2 10" JLs and the bass is barely deep enough for me lol
There are many factors that would attribute to the lack of bass, i.e. speakers themselves, amp, cu ft requirements of the space vs sub requirements, whether you have a sealed subwoofer concealed under another panel, how you tapped into the factory audio, etc etc.

Bass isn't just the "lows/boom", its more so the frequency of the sound and your picture shows me that your speakers are concealed... let them breath!

Can you share a video of them with a bass heavy song on and all opened up? I would love to see the excursion of them both. Can you also show a video from the driver seat with them turned up and everything closed/normal?
I am very pleased with the sound, don't get me wrong. I agree that it's not the best location for mounting subs in the car, but I also need a full trunk space having a toddler and his "luggage" on board frequently. So the spare tire compartment was the only option for me. The boxes are ported and have a bit space in front of the outlets, and the floor cover lets the sound travel through at an acceptable rate. I am afraid there is no recording device out there that would let you record loud music with the bass and pass it on to the listeners keeping the SQ on par
Oh I know about the sound, I want to see excursion. I didn't realize they were shallow mounted till you posted the picture and now I am more interested than before if you can get a video.

Also, I have the same stuff going on with family/space requirements hence the tiny box near the fuse panel.