Garage List
2020 BMW M5  [10.00]
2014 X5 50i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by anki View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by UAEX6M View Post
Cant wait for ur feedback!
Morning guys, first day of an hour long commute, and was able to use CarPlay, here are initial notes.

the good:
  1. All apps seems to be working fine, was able to use waze and google maps and they worked well.
  2. Can listen to Spotify and Navigation audio together.

the bad:
  1. The included microphone seems to be not working, I have to check if it got unplugged somehow.
  2. Front camera display and rear camera display, 360 view do not work with physical buttons while in carplay mode.
  3. Audio quality is not that great, seems like rear speakers not working, not 100% sure.
  4. Installation was easy but there is not much space behind the HU, so putting everything back in place was a hassle.

the ugly(deal-breaker):
  1. Only windshield AC vents are working, all other vents are off
  2. Heating/Cooling is not in control anymore, seems to be on auto control where the car heats and cools on its own.

I'll pass this info to manufacturer today to see what wrong, maybe user error, will test thoroughly before putting back everything again.
And this is why we wait. Kinda agree about the camera buttons. That would be annoying as F although perhaps not a deal breaker. But may push me toward waiting for the other company to go wireless. Although I don't mind wired as I charge my phone by plugging it in daily anyway.
'14 X5 50i (wife’s now)
Appreciate 0