Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 X5 50i & 2015 535d

Quote:
Originally Posted by anki View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by golovan View Post
As far as I know original BMW CarPlay was not integrated in HUD and arrows should not show up. I think it will be the same on this one, but of course Anki is the right person to confirm.
Not sure about BMW CarPlay but these aftermarket CarPlay interfaces are not integrated in HUD.

Day2 feedback,

What worked:
  1. HVAC seems to be working fine now, I opened the head unit yesterday again to re-do all the connections, including the blue/black connectors to HVAC panel, all good.
  2. The Microphone was found unplugged, I plugged it back and place it near the hazard light button, there is some extra space there. Today while commuting I was able to reply to iMessages, Siri is listening clearly as well.

What's a concern(while in CarPlay mode):
  1. The physical camera buttons have no effect.
  2. When the car is near a stationary hazard like a pillar, wall or other car, etc, the car warn you like usual but you cannot see it on display as the 360 camera mode could not be engaged.
  3. While doing a reverse the back camera display is presented but and soon as you go forward using shifter, the display switches back to CarPlay. I assume everyone will do a little back and forth while parking the car, and BMW very smartly keeps the rear camera display on, but in CarPlay its sucks to see the rear camera and CarPlay interface switching per shifter mode - R or D
  4. No way to turn off waze app once started, it keeps beeping if you drive faster than speed limit, even you're in other app.
  5. Spotify does not display album artwork
The Waze issue is a setting in the app
Attached Images

2014 X5 50i Carbon Black/ M Sport
-BM3 Stage 1
Appreciate 2
anki122.50
MrTookies459.00