Drives: F90 M5 / F15 50i

Garage List
2020 BMW M5  [10.00]
2014 X5 50i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrod81 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by turboawd View Post
Could you have just used the same link and just drill a hole lower on the aluminum control arm?
Not sure if that would work as the OEM, HR and other links have a ball bearing that allows for some movement...may or may not have an affect with or without it but it must have a purpose otherwise BMW and all other companies would've just had solid link ends plus I would not know where to put the hole that's why I'm assuming the aftermarket links are adjustable
Quote:
Could you have just used the same link and just drill a hole lower on the aluminum control arm?
Those arms are rubber. Not aluminum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrod81 View Post
Quote:
Not sure if that would work as the OEM, HR and other links have a ball bearing that allows for some movement...may or may not have an affect with or without it but it must have a purpose otherwise BMW and all other companies would've just had solid link ends plus I would not know where to put the hole that's why I'm assuming the aftermarket links are adjustable
The first thing he bought on amazon were the ball bearings you speak of. They in fact look identical.

With that said. You can find many manufacturers of these on eBay for far less than $200/ set. But if my eibach didn't come with ones I would have done this in a heart beat! Also well known about the eibachs in US vs Europe. Many threads on how to get the German eibachs so you don't have to buy all 4 springs. Oh well Too late now. Glad you got it all working.

What measurement did you set to get that height. Looks pretty low. How's the bounciness? Mine was awful at that height in the rear.
'14 X5 50i (wife’s now)
Appreciate 0