View Single Post
      08-10-2019, 11:11 AM   #18
mfbarnes
Rep
Drives: BMW F15

Quote:
Originally Posted by volc View Post
I have completed a retrofit of ACC+TJA this week. I have:
1. Replaced DSC pump from Premium to Premium ACC, required sucking out brake fluid, refilling and bleeding
2. Replaced ICM from V4.7 to V5.7, required dismantling a complete central console
3. Replaced front lower grill for the one required by ACC sensor
4. Mounted ACC sensor
5. Replaced steering wheel with one suited for ACC+TJA
6. Add supply (fuse F45) and earth wiring to ACC sensor
7. Add S-CAN wiring from ACC sensor to KAFAS2 module and further to ICM
8. Coded DSC, ICM and ACC to my car
9. Done chassis height calibration for replaced ICM

Parts cost was below 900$, but I should still get back some money by selling old parts (M-Power Steering wheel, front lower grill).
Volc, great info. I've got all of the wiring in and the steering wheel done. I've got a used 5.7 ICM module to upgrade my 4.7. Ran into a problem with coding though b/c the old 5.7 was coded to the VIN of the donor car and threw all kinds of crazy errors when I got it installed. 3 questions:
1) How did you code your new ICM to the VIN on your car?
2) How did you know you needed a new DSC? Mine is marked "premium" and will automatically engage the brakes if the KAFAS detects a crash. This is the primary thing I want the ACC radar for. My wife has been in 2 accidents and I'm tired of fixing the car!
3) Is recalibrating the rear air suspension a requirement with the new ICM? For the short time I had the 5.7 in, I didn't notice any issues with the suspension. Plenty of other issues, but the suspension was fine.
Appreciate 0