View Single Post
      08-12-2019, 01:50 PM   #16
unluky
Major
Rep
Drives: 04 z4 3.0 Sport & 15 X5 35i XD

Garage List
I don't have the plus, but I can tell you that the blind spot on my x5 is very underwhelming compared to any other car I have owned. I have to look right at the light to see if it is even lit as it is not bright enough to show in my peripheral vision like every other car I have had and it does not always light up when someone is in it. It uses some algorithm to know when to light. Like if you pass someone it thinks you should know they are there, so it does not light, but if they come up from behind you it will - like that. I know people get butthurt when you say the BMW system is not the best, but my personal opinion is that this is the worse blind detection I have ever used.

The lane departure is terrible and I turned it off. I think it works as it should, but it goes off so much it just numbs you to it. If you do not allow your land change blinker to make a full blink cycle before you start to change lanes, it vibrates. If you go thru a corner at 80 mph and get too close to the line - it goes off. Stuff like that. Very annoying to me, so I turn it off.

LOVE the HUD - which you can get separately. I was not looking for it, but I am glad I got it and I would want it again and pay extra for it.

I do wish I would have held out for the active cruise control however. I chose one with the ventilated seats over the ACC and regret it. The ventilated seats are nothing special and I really would have used the ACC a LOT.

Oh well - something to hold out for on the next one!

Good luck!