View Single Post
      10-20-2019, 10:37 PM   #82
Radekxpl
The General
Rep
Drives: F15 X5 35D & E46 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ri0 View Post
Just did the delete on my F15 last weekend.
Used a generic downpipe I got from Ebay that was labeled as 30d 40d etc for those across the pond, fit just fine and cost me $450 cdn including shipping.

On a hoist I dropped all 6 subframe bolts and used a prybar between the right rear frame and subframe to get enough room to get the factory dpf out without cutting it, only had to remove the top half of the passenger motor mount which was 5 bolts.

Welded a generic piece of 3 inch in where my scr was and unplugged the injector for the scr.. should have left it plugged in as it created a check engine code. I was concerned about it spraying for the week I was going to drive it before the tune however.

Had the tune done remotely by DUDMD, took him 5 minutes to install software and read my ecu and then the next day another 5 to write the new info. Pretty easy!
I drove for a couple days thinking I didn't really notice the extra power increase, today after the unit was actually warmed up I put it into sport mode and its a whole different car. Launch control leaves a bit of black smoke and hauls ass.

Egr was turned off via tune, I did buy the delete kit but it looked like a huge job at the time so I left it alone.

My wife isn't super happy about the diesel smell now, should have got the aftermarket cat I guess. I hear a slight tinny rattling from the exhaust now also, reminds me of my n54 wastegate rattle. Will go back in and check bolts and clearance this weekend.

I am told there is a module to unplug near the passenger headlight to stop the scr pump from running but I am unsure about which one it is.
I'm looking to go the same route, souring down pipe from Europe for fraction of a cost of what they sell here in US. Looking into DUDMD tune as well, did you get the stage 2, how is the gas mileage after couple off weeks driving it, any side effects? Feedback much appreciated. Thanks
Appreciate 0