11-02-2019, 10:32 AM   #27
Violator
Living the dream
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5 w/MPPK, MPE & RC GTS Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by BimmerTy View Post
Hey guys - The Accelera IOTS ST68 All Seasons have been better than expected! I've had them on my 612M's for almost a year (~12k miles) so have been through both extreme cold and hot temps here in central VA.

First off, the road noise is noticeably louder switching from 19"s - but that's to be expected going to such a low profile and WIDE tire- 285 in the front and 325 in the rear.

The grip is fantastic for what they are. I ran staggered Michelin Pilot Super Sports (MPSS's) on my previous car so I can relate to their "stickiness" in the corners. The Accelera's are not going to going to compete with MPSS's if you're on a track, but real life driving and taking exit ramps at 2-3x the posted speed limit is no issue.

One of the main reasons I opted for All Seasons is because we get all four seasons here in VA, and between the seasons there can be days that are in the 60s-70s and then days that are in the 30s-40s. I don't need to worry about shredding up winter tires on these warmer days or driving on summer tires under 40 degrees that can become extremely slippery and dangerous.

I've hydroplaned slightly (for less than a second) about 3 times in very heavy rain, probably driving faster than I should have. I've read this is fairly common with such wide tires. They also handled just fine in the few inches of snow that we got last year.

I've been running them at a slightly higher PSI due to the outer front and inner rear of the tires wearing faster due to the F15's camber. This is typical across all F15's running 20"+ tires. It is nice that the are non-directional, so can be rotated from left-right or right-left.

Then there's the cost, which I know is not a factor for everyone. They're half the cost of running the recommended MPSS's and Winters.

The Accellera's have performed beyond my expectations for an All Season budget tire - I'd recommend them for sure.
Exactly what I’ve been waiting to hear. I’ll place an order this weekend for a set.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StatenEye View Post
Why not get the Yokohama BluEarths? They are so cheap i ordered 4 fronts and 2 rears and didn't realize it lol. Just had another forum member pick up the extra fronts. You can get a brand new set for under 1400 and that's the only way i would go with winters. All season tires are a waste, get 2 dedicated sets and keep your family safe.

As stated above, he (we) don’t have a true need for winter tires. I ran YBE winter set last winter and I just don’t need a true winter tire. Example...yesterday when I left for work, it was 27* on the way to work for a 40 mile commute. Then on the way home it was almost 70* for a 40 mile commute. Not ideal for summer OR winter tires, perfect for All-Season. I’ll toss a set of MPSS on during the long summer.

Cheers!