View Single Post
      12-29-2019, 08:40 PM   #42
ponytuning
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '16 F16 50i, 15' F15 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophisticated Redneck View Post
I'll post back after I am done, its turned out to be more then just a valve guide seal replacement though...(btw I have a 150K on the engine (50K in one year alone) when I saw the condition of the valves on a borescope, I had to pull the heads. (I dont have a lift so had to pull the heads in car, extra fun)

The carbon buildup on the pistons was like nothing I have ever seen before, as well as on the exhaust valves and they were pitted badly from burning so much oil (previous owner used crap oil and turbo oil return lines were clogged, when I got it was burning a quart every 100, yes 100 miles...amazing it still ran as good as it did.

After I fixed the turbo lines it still was burning a quart every 700 miles, made a custom catch-can and adjusted the CCV pressure got me to a quart every 1500 but only so much can be done with bad guide seals. Now I am paying for the sins of running it for so long burning oil. I decided to port and polish everything while I was in there....have about another week to go before I am done...Before and after of the intake ports below, should help a little.
Great work, I’m sure the car will reward you with many more years of fun! Btw, how reachable are the parts with the engine still on the axle? Do you need to have tiny hands, or are the tools sufficient to get the job done without lifting the engine? i’m also assuming you have the car just on stands, or is it on a lift?
Appreciate 0