View Single Post
      01-04-2020, 04:30 PM   #1
Submariner2009
Rep
Drives: 2014 X5

2014 X5 Post-Battery Disconnect Errors/Issues

Folks,

An updated/more detailed posting from last week, and I appreciate the replies provided thus far.

Long story short, I installed a BimmerTech amp to improve on the old system. As directed I disconnected both batteries (main and aux) during the install (they were off for maybe 15 mins) and subsequently have been experiencing a series of errors, most of which are below (thanks to BimmerLink).

In addition to a cruise control error, I'm now getting a constant "Driving stabilization: Drive moderately. Initialization in progress" message as well as "Frontal Collision Warning System" and "Daytime Pedestrian Warning Limited" ones. Oh, and the turn signals won't turn off anymore.

I deleted/erased the error codes with BimmerLink but they kicked back up as soon as I started driving (thus the below)

So, do I:

** Disconnect the battery again to reset everything in the hopes it goes away via full reboot?
** Bring to the dealer for them to refresh/recalibrate (at great cost no doubt)
** Consider something else I'm missing in the hopes of avoiding #2?

Thanks again to those already responding and providing guidance!

Error memory

Integrated Chassis Management
2 errors
4827F3: FAS SIGNAL ERROR - UNDEFINED CONTENT OR INSUFFICIENT QUALITY
D01B2A: SIGNAL ERROR (IF POSITION EPS, ID: AVL_PO_EPS) - INVALID

Dynamic Stability Control
1 error
48078B: FRONT AXLE STEERING ANGLE STEERING ANGLE SIGNAL ABOVE VFUSI NOT INITIALIZED

Electromechanical Power Steering
2 errors
48239C: SENSOR - STEERING ANGLE INDEX - DEFECT
D51A53: SIGNAL ERROR (IS STEERING ANGLE FRONT AXLE, ID: AVL_STEA_FTAX) SENDER: ICM_QL - QUALIFIER

Camera-Based Driver Assist System
3 errors
E06C07: SIGNAL (301H): INVALID RECEIVED: IST_LENKWINKEL_FAHRER, IST_LENKWINKELGESCHWINDIGKEIT_FAHRER
E06C43: SIGNAL STATUS_AVAILABILITY_CHAIN_BRUSH RECEIVED INVALID OR BRAKE CHAIN NOT AVAILABLE
E06C44: SIGNAL STATUS_AVAILABILITY_CHAIN_WARNING RECEIVED INVALID OR WARNING CHAIN NOT AVAILABLE
Appreciate 0